Summers are a great time with longer days and warmer weather and you can spend a lot of time outside the house doing different activities. Sometimes parents also join the fun and it becomes a great time for bonding. Here are some good summer ideas- some can be used indoors and some are better suited for the outdoors.
- Tie a hammock on the lawn. This provides many hours of fun, apart from the fact that your child can spend some time in the clean air benefitting from the sunlight and getting vitamin D.
- Ask your children to help in the yard work, and allot work according to age. Allow them to get dirty without worrying about germs and stuff.
- Using old sheets create a fort- this can be inside a bedroom or on the lawn. Children love to play such games with friends.
- Go through the nearby gardens hunting for flowers, butterflies, and
- Doodlebuckets is one place that has many amazing toys and games that can be used for many activities and parents can choose one of the many ideas available here.
- Have a small scavenger hunt for the kids inside the home.
- Get a blackboard or a special surface especially for the kids. Allow them to create murals, paint using whatever medium they want to use- crayons, chalks or pencils.
- You can create an indoor car racing track for the kids. They will enjoy racing cars with their friends or you can try beating them.
- Play balloon basketball inside a room. You can create your own small court either outside or inside the living room.
- Create an indoor bowling alley for the kids. Small items can be used as the pins and a small ball or even marbles can be used as the bowling ball.
The main aim of all these activities is to keep the kids occupied, away from the electronic devices and TV. This will be a lot of fun and a great time to bond for the entire family.